It’s not enough that your people are starving and struggling against frostbite in 11 bit Studios’ Frostpunk. However, the developer has released update 1.10 which brings the new Survivor Mode, offering even more difficult challenges to overcome.
Survivor Mode isn’t for new players by any stretch. Pausing is completely removed (unless a menu is opened) and progress can only be saved upon exiting. While exact difficulty changes haven’t been detailed, 11 bit Studios assures players that “meeting the people’s needs or balancing the delicate economy of your city will be even harder.”
New achievements exclusive to Survivor Mode have also been added so the many deaths sure to occur will contribute to something. Among other things, the new update adds Nvidia Ansel support for capturing very high resolution screenshots. The ability to quick save and quick load have also been added.
If you’re interesting in checking out Frostpunk, then read GamingBolt’s official review for it here. The game is currently 15 percent off on Steam till June 21st, thus costing $26/£21/€26 on PC. For update 1.10 patch notes, see below.
Smaller changes and balancing:
- Constructed streets now more easily connect to already existing street net
- Rebalanced amount of starting resources and resources on frostland for Refugees and The Arks scenarios in easy and hard difficulty setting
- Hunters will now have to rest for a few hours after coming back from the hunt. It will no longer be possible to send them to other work immediately
- Added blocking other panels by in-game menu Changed extraction rate value for all pickable resources – replaced potential value with all employees by actual value based on efficiency
- It is now possible to bind keyboard shortcuts to “Fast speed” and “Very fast speed” commands
- Increased precision of the gathered Steam Cores amount to 2 digits after comma
- Added emergency shift trackers to pickable resources
- Fixed certain endlog variations that didn’t display properly when Cannibalism law was passed
- Fixed overlapping trackers on frostland (sites, expeditions, transports, survivors)
- Fixed missing recurring consequences of Emergency Shifts. Watch out when you exert your workforce!
- Fixed showing tutorials after loading save
- Fixed a bug causing snow caps to accumulate on buildings that were just built inside heat zone
- Fixed scrollbars in all expedition building selection panels
- Fixed some translations
- Fixed many UI show/hide animations
- Fixed closing notifications on pause
- Enabled notifications visibility on Frostland
- Fixed queuing unlocked resources on resource bar
- Fixed texts serializations – all texts will be in current language, even after changing language in main menu and loading save
- Fixed calculating average discontent for expeditions
- Fixed states (selected, pressed) for many buttons in selection panel
- Fixed current research description text on workshop selection panel
- Fixed displaying prohibited citizen groups on population panel
- Fixed disabled people outside care house count
- Fixed two crashes that occurred in rare circumstances
- Fixed a bug causing upgraded buildings to overlap adjacent streets